Short term contract for part-time (1-2 days per week) chiropodist
East End CHC has an exciting opportunity for a short-term contract chiropodist to join a dynamic team of health professionals who work to promote health and prevent illness across the lifespan through primary care and health education. Our team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, psychotherapists, dietitians, physiotherapists, and community health workers.
You will be responsible to:
- Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education and counseling for diseases, disorders and dysfunctions of the foot;
- Conduct biomechanical and structural assessments, treat acute and chronic infections and ulcers, prescribe topical medications and provide palliative foot care;
- Perform nail surgery, including administration of a local anesthetic, independently;
- Provide client education to individuals and to various health promotion groups within the Centre, such as the diabetes support group;
- Order and maintain an inventory of chiropody supplies and equipment;
- Refer clients to the appropriate internal or external resources;
- Provide off-site foot care clinics at other local community agencies and provide home visits as needed;
- Maintain complete and accurate electronic medical records; and,
- Participate in various quality improvement initiatives.
- Graduate of an accredited chiropody or podiatry program
- Registered in good standing with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- A commitment to best practices and quality client care
- A desire to work with low income families and multi-cultural communities
We are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible and work part-time for the next few months.
Please submit resume by 10:00 am, on August 4, 2016, to:
East End Community Health Centre
1619 Queen St. East, Toronto, Ontario M4L 1G4
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.